This morning I awoke to look upon my friend’s garden that we’ve been discussing is in need of “lollipoping.”
Since I’m not a person to touch another person’s plants unless explicitly instructed to do so, I had postponed gleaning any leaves for my breakfast smoothies
This morning was different: I was told not only I had permission to take some of the fan leaves, my friend needed some assistance in the trimming back of foliage known as”lollipoping” that concentrates the energy into the growing buds as well as decreasing the chance of mold. Mold is a significant issue with the damp weather that we’ve been experiencing here in Western Washington.
I clipped a couple of Blue Dream fan leaves that were yellowing and getting ready to be discarded, then I took a few off of a plant called “Banana.”
What I’m sharing below is the recipe behind my smoothie this morning, photographed as I made it.
Blue Dream Double Banana Berry Smoothie
1 Ripe Banana
1/3 Cup Yogurt of choice
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 Tbsp hulled hemp seeds
2 tsp raw honey (if desired)
1 Generous handful of raw cannabis fan leaf (“Blue Dream” and “Banana” strains)
1/3 Cup Frozen Blackberries
- Break up ripe banana into a personal blender cup. Add yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add hemp seeds and honey if desired.
- Pick fresh fan leaves.
- Tear up fan leaves and add to personal blender cup mixture.
- Blend fan leaves, inverting and shaking cup multiple times between blending until smooth.
- Add frozen blackberries. Blend, shaking and blending until smooth and no lumps of berries remain.